Brave Assemblage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTN Columbus Contingent: Travel Plans

5 posters

Go down

ATTN Columbus Contingent: Travel Plans Empty ATTN Columbus Contingent: Travel Plans

Post by Tripala 7/28/2011, 4:08 pm

Okay, so the game is starting at 11am. Driving time from my mom's house to Chez Aitken-Banco is two and a half hours according to Google maps, which sounds about right. I figure we should plan to get there around 10:30am, giving us time to settle in, hug and grope various Clevelanders, and be ready to start by 11. This means everyone needs to be in my car, pulling out onto Morse Road at EIGHT am.

I'll fill my car with gas and pick up sodas, Rumbas, Arizona teas, snacks, gum, and five hour energies for all of us on my way into Columbus on Friday night, so there's no need to stop on the way. (Feel free to reply with your snack and drink requirements.) Ali, you and I should plan to leave our place at 7:30am so we have time to drop off the puppy, and Steven, you should be on the porch with your bookbag in hand and shoes on at 7:55, ready to get into the car.

Does this sound okay to you guys? I don't mean to sound all Aries-hyper-controlling, I just don't want to be late. I suppose the other option is working under the Gamer Lateness Prevention Plan, which is to add thirty minutes per additional gamer to our leave time, which would mean we plan to leave at 7am, which allows for oversleeping and "OMG WHERE DID I LEAVE MY DICE?!?!?!" delays.

This works for me as a regular game day plan, at least until Amy moves in and Steven will (hopefully) be at our house on game days, meaning we don't have to pick him up. Another option is I drop off Puck at my mom's Friday night and pick up Steven, but he'd have to sleep on the couch, so I don't know how that works for anyone.

It occurs that should Brett and Amy get their promotions and become available for delicious City of Splendors playing, we'll need to revise this plan. I don't know how comfortable all five of us will be in my car. I'm willing to try it if y'all are, but I'm driving, so it doesn't matter as much to me.

Also, as always, I am willing to accept contributions to the gas/snacks fund, but it isn't entirely necessary.

Well, Columbusites? What do you think?
Tripala
Tripala

Race : Human
Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

ATTN Columbus Contingent: Travel Plans Empty Re: ATTN Columbus Contingent: Travel Plans

Post by Duette 7/28/2011, 4:49 pm

Hmm. I didn't even think about when Brett and I become available. That's too much for any one car. I don't know if I trust my car for long halls anymore with that it-could-happen-any-time problem lurking in my engine. It's too bad nobody owns a minivan or something. :/

Luckily it's a little ways off and we can try to think of a workaround for this...
Duette
Duette

Class : TBD

Back to top Go down

ATTN Columbus Contingent: Travel Plans Empty Re: ATTN Columbus Contingent: Travel Plans

Post by Orin 8/4/2011, 12:01 pm

I love you and your planning Mariel.
Orin
Orin

Race : Halfling
Class : Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ao 8/18/2011, 2:36 pm

Is your Contingent sans Rumba while sans Brett, or are others privy to that gamer ambrosia? 'Cause I could very seriously go for some Rumba on Saturday.
Ao
Ao
Admin

Race : Deity
Class : Overgod

https://braveassemblage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripala 8/18/2011, 3:41 pm

Oh, I will have the Rumba. =) They're $2 each at our corner store, if you'd like to kick in, though again, no obligation. How many Rumba would you like?
Tripala
Tripala

Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ao 8/18/2011, 3:44 pm

I'll scrounge up some cash. Four, please :D
Ao
Ao
Admin

Race : Deity
Class : Overgod

https://braveassemblage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcien 9/11/2011, 11:37 pm

Two rumba for me please:D

Alcien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum