Brave Assemblage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's in a Name?

4 posters

Go down

What's in a Name? Empty What's in a Name?

Post by Ao 7/29/2011, 1:00 pm

More than you may know!

In the yesteryears of our D&D together, a certain adventuring company you know of was named "The Brave Assemblage" by some of the citizens of Waterdeep. It seemed a fitting thing for a group of foolhardy folks who were able to best the dread witch, Roszena, an odd sort of villain who had plunged almost the entirety of two of Waterdeep's wards into a great, fearful panic.

I know now that the name was not as loved by all of you as it was by me, and I'm sorry for not consulting the players about this decision. I created the name and made it stick. That may have been a mistake. It's not too late to correct since we are about to begin a new age with an effectively new company. What we call your adventuring group and this campaign can change at your direction. I can edit the forum's name and URL without too much trouble.

It is important to note, however, that this new campaign will not be called "City of Splendors." The Waterdeep we all knew, the City of Splendors that the then Brave Assemblage worked very hard to save from all sorts of calamity, is not the same place. The current Open Lord is no longer a paladin, neither literally nor figuratively. The Harpers and Moonstars aren't lurking around the corner waiting to intercede against random spates of crime. The halls of New Olamn don't ring quite so brightly with merriment and song. There is, perhaps, a darker tint to the place nowadays and while it accepts all walks of life as it used to, it may not seem as inviting to the heroes of the past. Unless they're prepared to roll up their sleeves and get to work.

I also don't want to limit myself as your Dungeon Master in terms of setting. Waterdeep is a fine place for some adventure and it's probable that this new company's activities will begin there, and can later occur there some of the time. There are many other areas I would like to explore, though, and I'd rather prevent tying PCs down to a single metropolis. It can be a base of operations -- a port in the storm, as it were -- and a place to come home to, but there are many wonderous things and places on Toril and I'd like your PCs to be open to the possibility of seeing many of them.

Please keep these things in mind as we get started and get situated.
Ao
Ao
Admin

Race : Deity
Class : Overgod

https://braveassemblage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's in a Name? Empty Re: What's in a Name?

Post by Vera 8/6/2011, 1:42 pm

I never really minded the name. It seemed to fit well enough. And I am also a huge fan of Waterdeep, even if it isn't quite the same.
Vera
Vera

Race : Human
Class : Bard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripala 8/11/2011, 1:02 am

I think maybe I'm the only person who didn't like it. I'm an asshole. =) I won't fight it, but Tripala may always feel it's a little *throws up the 'O'* for her.

It's heartbreaking to me not to call the game COS, though! That'll be a rough change in my mind, I'll probably always think of it that way, even if it's not centered in Waterdeep. What about "Campaign of Splendors"? =P
Tripala
Tripala

Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Preilyn 8/11/2011, 10:41 am

I doubly loved Brave Assemblage after Mariel began tossing out Broken Assemblage.

Preilyn
Preilyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripala 8/11/2011, 2:42 pm

*BEAM*
Tripala
Tripala

Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum