Brave Assemblage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Part Assignment (8/23 to 9/30)

+3
Tripala
Duette
Ao
7 posters

Go down

Two Part Assignment (8/23 to 9/30) Empty Two Part Assignment (8/23 to 9/30)

Post by Ao 8/23/2011, 12:56 pm

With several weeks until we gather up again to see what Doom, Gloom, and Broom are up to next, I'd like you all to take a little time out for a tiny bit of homework that may help you with the portrayal of your characters and will definitely help me with planning suitable adventure and excitement for them. I want to make an effort to personalize some aspects of the campaign as it unfolds, hopefully avoiding an endless list of adventures and missions that just happen to fall into the laps of your characters. I'd love to see one or more of your characters initiate some quests all on their own!

#1:
Give me at least three scenarios in which your character would feel suitably motivated to compel his or her new friends to go out and take some risks.

Example: Name and describe a friend, if in some kind of trouble, whom your PC would rise to the occasion in finding/helping/avenging.
Example: Name and describe lost family heirloom you would want to go out and find if a strong clue emerged as to its whereabouts.

Here's how I would answer this if I was doing the assignment for Lord Thaumas Argo.

1. The clergy of the Tymoran temple in Waterdeep informs Thaumas that the old scriptures found in his family's vault have been mostly puzzled out. There may be a ruined temple of Lady Luck's somewhere in Western Faerûn and some portion of the Argo legacy may be there.
  2. Thaumas hears a rumor about his old associate, Rizz Fieldfriend, that suggests the old halfling may not have been killed by the bugbear tribes of the Mere of Dead Men, and his last known whereabouts put him in or near Neverwinter, and alive.
  3. A magical sword that belonged to Thaumas's grandfather was noted to be wielded by a dark elf near Daggerford very recently. There might still be time to track the drow down and recover the blade.

Note, I may or may not use the ideas you provide for story, and I reserve the right to modify them in small ways as needed.

#2:
List three activities or hobbies that your character engages in when he or she is not adventuring or working. Ideally, they would be things that your PC might go out of his or her way to advance or perfect. For example, maybe your PC collects artifacts from before the sinking of Lantan, or maybe at least keeps an eye and ear out for them since an aunt or uncle is very interested in such things. Maybe your character has been trying to learn how to sail a boat. For at least one of the activities, name and describe at least one or two NPCs (commoners, nobles, or adventures, matters not) who have been befriended in the course of pursuing it.

Please post this information in your character-specific section of the board. Last minute submissions are lame. *rasp* Give me something to chew on while I'm waiting impatiently for the next game.
Ao
Ao
Admin

Race : Deity
Class : Overgod

https://braveassemblage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Two Part Assignment (8/23 to 9/30) Empty Re: Two Part Assignment (8/23 to 9/30)

Post by Duette 8/23/2011, 2:39 pm

So, is there any possible way that I can contribute something? Some sort of absentee homework? Anything? It's killing me that all I can do is sit here and twiddle my thumbs and watch until I can get a better schedule. :(
Duette
Duette

Race : Human
Class : TBD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripala 8/23/2011, 3:04 pm

As as alternative to Doom, Gloom, and Broom, may I suggest "The Cockatrice Conspiracy"?

Fair warning... I'm goling to suggest it in character, too.
Tripala
Tripala

Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Orin 8/23/2011, 6:10 pm

I'm still a fan of "The Unlikely Lot" (and I thought that was agreed upon anyway?).

That said, The Cockatrice Conspiracy is wonderful. Much better than Doom, Gloom, and Broom.
Orin
Orin

Race : Halfling
Class : Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripala 8/24/2011, 1:26 am

It was agreed upon! But c'mon... Cockatrice Conspiracy!
Tripala
Tripala

Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcien 9/11/2011, 11:26 pm

Cockatrice Conspiracy is brilliant. In character I intend to push for The Right Bastards.

Alcien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ao 9/26/2011, 3:04 am

Why I got nuthin' from yous guys?

(Psst. We're playing in five days.)
Ao
Ao
Admin

Race : Deity
Class : Overgod

https://braveassemblage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Preilyn 9/28/2011, 9:58 am

Because I am writing as fast as I can, captain!
Preilyn
Preilyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonmad 10/19/2011, 1:50 pm

Why y'all gotta hate on Doom Gloom And Broom.

And you haven't because... ... ...

OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT BEHIND YOU? *smoke bomb* I am the night!
Moonmad
Moonmad

Race : Humanish.
Class : Druid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum